top of page

Securing a Special Power of Attorney Apostille

Have you received an apostille request for a Special Power of Attorney? Are you in the United States and have been requested to sign and notarize a special power of attorney for another nation (for example, the Philippines)?

Your document must first be signed and notarized before it can receive an apostille. Once your document has been notarized, you may submit it along with our order forms for processing. Only the state in which the power of attorney was notarized can apostil it. If your power of attorney was signed and notarized in New Jersey, for example, it can only be apostilled in New Jersey. A New York apostille is required if your power of attorney was written and notarized in New York.

American Apostille & Notary Services suggests that you get your special power of attorney drafted by a specialist in the country where you are obtaining it. For example, if the Philippines requires a signed and notarized special power of attorney, it is recommend that you have your form prepared and emailed to you by a Philippine attorney or paralegal.

If you are outside of the United States and need your signed power of attorney validated for a nation other than the United States, you can meet with a U.S. Federal notary at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You may then submit this document to American Apostille & Notary Services for processing after it has been notarized.

There is no margin for error with the Authentication or Apostille process. If mistakes are made, both your time and money will be wasted and you'll have to start all over again. If you want to look into outsourcing this part of preparing to studying abroad to someone with experience, please email me at or call 848-467-7740 to request my services or learn more.

64 views0 comments


bottom of page