Divorce Decree (Certificate of Divorce) Apostille

A final divorce decree is kept at the vital records office of the courthouse in the county where you were divorced. In most cases, a copy of the final decision will be mailed to you by the court clerk or your attorney. If this does not occur, or if you want an additional copy, write to or visit the court clerk's office and request a copy.

Another nation that is a member to the Hague Apostille Convention may request that your Divorce Decree (or Certificate of Divorce) be Apostilled in order to ensure that you are not married. It's possible that you'll be requested to supply further documentation. For instance, an apostille for a birth certificate, an apostille from the FBI for a background check, etc.

If the nation receiving your Divorce Decree is not a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, your documents may require further verification and legalization via the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. Please fill out the order form below and I can help you with the process.