top of page

Apostille for Connecticut Marriage Certificate

When you need to apostille a Connecticut marriage certificate, you will need to make sure to have a certified copy of the vital record beforehand. If you need to order one, your best bet is to go through the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Here's what their website says about obtaining one:

Already Married?

Once you are married, the marriage license is filed at the vital records office of the town where the marriage occurred. After the document is filed, it is referred to as a marriage certificate.

To obtain a certified copy of a marriage certificate, you must submit your request to the vital records office of the town where the marriage occurred, or the town(s) where the parties to the marriage resided at the time of the marriage, or the State Vital Records Office.

Who Can Request A Certified Copy Of A Marriage Certificate?

A certified copy of a marriage certificate may be purchased for a fee by anyone who is at least 18 years old. All information on the marriage certificate is available to the requester, except the social security numbers of the spouses. Copies of marriage certificates that include the spouse’s social security numbers will only be issued to the parties to the marriage. If you are requesting a copy of the marriage certificate with the social security numbers on the certificate, you will need to provide proof of identity that you are one of the parties named on the marriage certificate.

Checklist for Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate

☐ Complete the application

☐ Order your vital records online (additional fees may apply) through VitalChek, or

☐ Complete the State application and mail your order in to the State Vital Records office, or

☐ Complete the Town application and mail your order in to the town of occurrence

☐ Include the applicable fee

Connecticut Marriage Certificate Apostille

There is no margin for error with the Authentication or Apostille process. If mistakes are made, both your time and money will be wasted and you'll have to start all over again. If you want to look into outsourcing this part of preparing to studying abroad to someone with experience, please email me at or call 848-467-7740 to request my services or learn more.

13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page