top of page

Patent & Trademark Apostille

Patents and trademarks obtained in the United States are only valid in the United States and cannot be transferred to other nations.

You may need to authenticate patent or trademark paperwork in the following situations:

  • If you want to sell your products in other countries, you may either buy patents in those nations or file for foreign patent protection.

  • Selling your patent or trademark to a firm based in another country

Before you can do either of these things, you must show that you hold the patent or trademark in the United States and that you can authenticate the paperwork.

Doing business in another country presents a number of issues, one of which is certifying company papers for use in another country.

You must pick one of two methods, depending on the target country:

  • Apostille your documents

  • Legalize your documents

bottom of page