top of page

Affidavit to Amend Apostille

It isn't common for corrections or changes to be made to vital statistics documents, but they do happen. After a certificate (birth or death) has been registered, the original certificate cannot be changed, with the exception of gender error. Errors may be corrected by filling out an Affidavit to Amend a record. In this case, the Secretary of State from where the document originated provides authentication of public official signatures on documents to be used outside the United States of America. The country of destination determines whether the authentication is an Apostille or Certification.

bottom of page